Admission to Sage Graduate School:
Castleton students who complete the above requirements will be eligible for:
- Preferred acceptance (based on space available) into Sage's MS-OT program,
- Waiver of Sage Graduate School application fee,
- Access to Sage advisors to coordinate undergraduate electives and coursework to reduce or eliminate prerequisites in the graduate program, and
- Opportunity to apply early for graduate assistantships.
To qualify for preferred acceptance to the MS-OT program, students agree to the following:
By June 1 of the year preceding graduation from Castleton:
1. Submit a completed Graduation Application Packet with supplemental documents (fee waived), including:
a. Current resume
b. Clinical observation form
c. Program prerequisite record
d. OT program academic standards statement
e. Career goals statement / personal essay
Forms are available at: www.sage.edu/academics/health_sciences/programs/occuptiona_therapy/
Mail to: The Sage Graduate Schools
Office of Admissions
65 First Street
Troy, NY 12180
2. E-mail the OT Department (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Sage Graduate School Admissions (email@example.com) indicating that their application has been submitted according to Castleton's articulation agreement.
3. Submit official transcripts from all higher education institutions attended.
4. Submit two (2) letters of reference from Castleton Psychology or Sociology faculty (or equivalent faculty representative).
Within 30 days of acceptance to Sage:
5. Make enrollment deposit of $50 (non-refundable, but will be applied toward graduate tuition).
Upon graduation from Castleton:
6. Submit final transcripts documenting completion of undergraduate degree and OT program prerequisite courses to the OT Department at the address above.
7. Submit Clinical Observation Document showing at least 20 hours of clinical observation with an occupational therapist.
-The above requirements and procedures are reviewed every two years and subject to change without notice-