For further information about this major, contact Dr. Peter Kimmel, the Health Science Coordinator: Peter.Kimmel@Castleton.edu
An interdisciplinary program designed to prepare students for entry into professional programs in health related fields, such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, and physician assistant.
Students completing the Bachelor of Science in Health Science will demonstrate:
- Mastery of factual knowledge and understanding of processes related to the structure and function of the human body, including the mechanisms and treatment of disease or injury.
- Ability to locate, comprehend, and evaluate information related to human biology, health, and medicine.
- Ability to communicate scientific information both orally and in writing.
- Adherence to laboratory protocols and ability to collect data using the scientific method.
- Understanding of the nature of their chosen profession, including ethics and standards of professional conduct, through an internship experience.