University Handbook 2016-17 [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
University Handbook 2016-17
Castleton, Vermont 05735
Castleton University is accredited by the
New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
The information contained herein, including statements of policies and procedures and details about services and facilities, is subject to change and may be superseded by subsequent statements and specifications issued by Castleton University.
Every member of the Vermont State Colleges should work to ensure non-discriminatory processes and practices with faculty, staff, and students.
Qualified students are recruited for, admitted to and participate in all University programs without discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, ancestry, ethnicity, national origin, place of birth, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, or any other status protected by law. The VSC will provide reasonable accommodations to create equal opportunity for students with known disabilities.
Faculty, administrators, and staff are employed without discrimination against individuals on the basis of race, color, creed, ancestry, ethnicity, national origin, place of birth, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, marital status, any other status protected by law, or disability unrelated to job requirements. The VSC will make reasonable accommodations to the known disability of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee.
Additionally, the VSC will engage in affirmative efforts to recruit, admit, and support students and to recruit, employ, and support employees in order to achieve the diversity which advances the educational mission.
The Vermont State Colleges complies with State and Federal laws related to equal opportunity and non-discrimination. Any questions or complaints about potential or perceived discrimination in violation of any State or Federal law should be directed to the appropriate individual or agency listed below:
- Janet Hazelton, Director of Human Resources, Title IX Coordinator, Castleton University, Woodruff Hall, Castleton, VT 05735 (802) 468-1207;
- Director of Employee Relations and General Counsel, VSC Office of the Chancellor, Montpelier, VT 05601 (802) 224-3012;
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, 1801 L. Street NW, Washington, DC 29597 (800) 669-4000;
- Office of ADA Civil Rights Division, US Department of Justice, 320 First Street NW, Washington, DC 20530 (202) 514-0301;
- U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 33 Arch Street, Ninth Floor, Boston, MA 02110 (617) 223-0150
This statement is in compliance with State and Federal law. It does not create any rights or benefits beyond those afforded by law. Castleton University and the Vermont State Colleges also have specific policies related to non-discrimination which are outlined elsewhere in this handbook.